Spring did you say?! Where did that pop up from? … it popped up with all the snow drops and crocuses poking their heads through the soil.
Only 1 week to go until we head out to the desert for Coachella and we can’t stop thinking about what outfits to wear. Of course ‘festival fashion’ undoubtedly brings to mind vintage 70’s hippie chic. A crochet vest here… a maxi skirt there. And the obligatory head scarf. We love retro fringe elements, suede, velvet, patchwork, boho floral prints and big sunnies. Embrace the hippie touches because when else can you get away with it? Festival inspiration can be found everywhere but with a little help from some of the iconic festival brands like FreePeople and Spell and the Gypsy we've pulled together our perfect looks.
Note to self - stay away from neons, unless you’re hitting a trance fest this summer. We prefer to think ‘earth tones’. Coachella is the be-seen-at festival for fashionistas. Maybe it’s the lack of mud? Oh Glasto we love you but you do restrict us in the fashion stakes where the only must-have accessory is a pair of boots strong enough to withstand the rain, mud, and mad dashes to catch our fave acts hit the stage. Coachella is a chance to show off perfectly put-together boho looks. The key to planning is to make sure you have certain key pieces, and then some basic items that you can mix and match.
Here we show you some of our ultimate outfit inspirations for festival season. We’ve pulled together our fave looks from over the years of festivalling that will be sure to make you stand out from the crowd. I’m pretty sure you are going to LOVE some of these tribal and boho looks for your festival attire come rain or shine.No matter if you're going to the desert or the beach, we’ve put together lots of great ideas to be inspired by. Coachella here we come!
MISSOMA’S TOP TEN FESTI TIPS & PICKS
- Layer your trinkets and charms for a personalised look. Make sure you have an armful of bracelets and layers of necklaces. This Lucy Williams x Missoma charm necklace is rocking some serious boho vibes.
- Who doesn’t love fringing at festivals? Chloe have created another masterpiece with this Hudson Tasseled Cross Body Bag.
- Fringe on fringe. That’s how we like it. And this Saint Laurent suade number just needs to be danced in!
- Chuck on this Mariska Blouse from Free People (are our go-to store for all things boho).
- You can’t go to a festival without sunnies… and we are obsessed by these Taylor Morris badboys.
- Although we’re always more inclined to wear sandals (or no shoes) at festivals, a good pair of ankle boots should always be in your bag. You never know if you’ll need them
- Go loopy with Hoops.
- A kaftan is your festival friend
- Sport your fave old school rock band. We recommend Worn Free T’s for a vintage look.
- A good staple are denim cut offs because they can be thrown on and you don’t worry too much about the mud factor
- Shine bright with this Missoma Lightning Trinket necklace.
- Add some sparkle to your rock look with this gorgeous Free People Bianca Jacket which can be thrown on over anything to jazz up your outfit.